Content Writing – Do you know that having a beautiful website alongside with an eye-catching design without a dent in visitors’ influence is like building a castle in the air? Yes it is. So you want to establish a brand for yourself, then create a perception for the audience to invoke participation and heightened indulgence. They are your brand. The same goes for writing keyword-rich content that search engines understand and humans can digest easily, interact with, and take action where possible.
Engaging Visitor With Content
Content is the primary asset that immediately connects businesses to potential clients. It’s what the visitors read, interact with, and react to anytime they come straight to your website.
Not a Dime a Dozen
Content is king. How about its quality – a stricken factor that determines who stays on or steps away from a website. This split-second decision is a function of the interest-driven and action-taken effect the web copy can have on a prospective customer that visits a site. Majority of websites on the web today contain duplicate and low quality content which makes them a dime a dozen.
Content With Zero Impact
Lengthy content can be exciting only if the readers feel the connection with the content then the time spent putting that piece together is worth it. So you want visitors to keep coming back to your website, then you need to get creative, focus, and be original with the piece you are disseminating.
Benchmark for Website Content
Over the years, I have come across many websites with unclear messages to the intended audience. The ability to communicate what you sell or services you offer is the first step website needs to activate automatic responses and push aggressively for a market share from competitors.
You can imagine it’s not that fine and dandy for neither the search engines nor the visitors to see content that discount your brands.
So in my view, marketing in an age of turbulence and heightened competition would require a powerhouse content enough to spice up the desire and consumer participation of what you have got to offer. Below are few tips you should consider if you want to be competitive and unique in any target industry.
1. Be Sincere With Your Business
Successful websites address customer needs, wants and establish demand for service offering by putting forth a value proposition – a set of benefits that satisfy those needs. The satisfaction which is armed with motivation to create clear and powerful communications that can answer the following questions:
- What you are trying to communicate to the prospective client?
- What type of actions you want a visitor to take on your website when visited?
- Who are the target audiences?
- What is the overall objective and goal of the website if any?
- Does your website have any link-able assets?
- Does the content already on the web pages stimulate a desire to take action?
2. Write for the People, Not for Search Engines
A website is a communication tool. It has to trigger some forms of action and must be able to communicate effectively and motivate the audience. A naturally flowing content and well-written one resonates, engages, and influences visitors immediately they landed on a web page. Remember, search engines don’t take any action, people do.
3. Write for The Visitors
The essence of an online web presence is to communicate the core value of a business and meet the needs, wants, and demands of visiting customers. An establishment can be number one in its category or listed in SERP of every search engine on the web without a problem-solving ability that meets the customer’s states of mind. In such case, then, it is absolutely a waste of time and resources. In reality, content on a website should at least:
- Activate audience action and positively influence them to take a click-through action
- Improve the chances of being ranked better in the search engine result pages (SERP).
4. Desire-Driven Content
Convert web page into performance-driven activity ground with a copy that creates a more promising and problem-solving value-chain for visiting customers coming to your website for the first time. The content on a web page should possess the impression of adding holistic values to all prospective visitors to the site.
For a site to communicate effectively and motivate people to act, the following four elements must come alive:
- A – attract their attention: web design, in general, must attract the attention of your audience. If there is no connection between your site and the visitor, then the site serves no purpose.
- I – hold the interest and sustain the attention: The design and the content of the web page must be engaging to hold the audience long enough to absorb the communication and do something.
- D – create desire: the message communicated must be consumptive to make the audience want the product, service, or information.
- A – motivate them to take action: action may come in different forms; sign up a form, click a button, buy a product, subscribe for something of interest, or call a number about a product or service offered on the site.
Knowing Your Target Audience
Traditionally, a visitor may not take any lead-related action on the first visit. But, the company with distinctive content capabilities possesses a competitive advantage over others in the same industry. This excellent characteristic can create a powerful connection between a first-time visitor and the service you offer.
Write for Your Audience
If you are to write for the audience, the first thing one needs to do is hack strategic planning to assess growth opportunities in the target industry. You may start by observing the following conditions:
- Industry: understand the target industry and define your primary goals and what you intend to achieve
- Product and application: define clearly the range of product or services you intend to offer
- The demographics (young, teenagers, adult, seniors): outline who your target audience would be
- SWOT: Understand your strength and master how to solve the challenges like weakness, opportunities, and threat
- Market segment: the type of customers your business will focus or serve
- Location (local, national or international) – target location
Know The Overall Objectives of Your Website
Every business owner’s goal online is to make a profit and create a powerful online brand. The best approaches are to
- Research and understand exactly what you want to achieve and why
- Develop concepts that match the current industry you are targeting, avoid reinventing the wheels.
- Generate a concept that resonate the objectivity and provide solutions
- Refine ideas through an iterative process and ensure you are satisfied with what you have.
Brainstorm Before Writing
Remember a good concept reinforces strategy and brand positioning. Having all these elements put together would help give direction and meaning to the content without heading into the opposite direction or deviate from the primary objective. An old or stale content disconnects visitors, and demotivates them from taking any action.
With the right content strategies and plans in place, you will be able to provide the foundation for making a great impression and infuse your site with the right type of content. A good example is Nike’s basic message, expressed by its tagline, “Just Do It”. The creative concept Nike has used since 1988 has adapted visually in many ways, so simple and basic. But so powerful that they make you take action anytime.
Once you have figured out which words and phrases to infuse into the content and understand which keyword (quality key-phrases) the target audience use to find your website online. You can use those keywords to strategize your content development with the right foundation in place.
Turn Your Site Into Linkable Assets
Linkable assets are essential and incentivized materials people need especially to solve a particular problem. The valuable elements on site that the user benefits, could be in form of an expert guides or advice, unique pages with rich content, widget, utility tools, discount offers, or any other quality assets that add value and benefit the visitors.
When you understand what is linkable about your business, and identify what type of assets earn links and trust in your industry, you will have much easier leverage and time to strategize to write the naturally flowing and rich content, you may use on the pages of your website.
Since the goal of this article is to write original content, the linkable asset is the original, keyword-rich, and engaging content that can drive or compel the audience to do something once absorb.
RULE OF THUMB
Generate, test and refine ideas with a powerful measures that would add compelling A.I.D.A effect on visitors coming to your website. Avoid using a duplicate contents, apply and strategically use proper keyword density throughout your content plus keep your website content fresh and current at all time.