G16framework provides you with some helpful tips and answers on website hosting, domain name, digital marketing, website design and search engine optimization.
1 Buying a domain is easy, but strategically purchasing the one that would work for your business can be tricky.
2. The first baby step to success online starts with your domain, where you buy, and who hosts it also matters.
3. So the likelihood of being ranked well in SERP is a function of domain relevance and the website theme in general.
1 The theme of your business is fundamental when choosing a domain name. Consider a shoe store selling baby shoes. The best way to guess relevant domain, in this case, is to set the bar like so: shoebabystore.com or storebabyshoe.com.
2. Avoid a few characters like HYPHENS( – ) within your domain name.
1. If your domain name of choice is taking, you do not have to be alarmed. You can select a different top-level-domain extension and still retain the same name brand.
2. For example, if you need – mylab.com and taken by someone else, you could use the same name but different extensions such as mylab.org, mylab.net e.t.c.
Registering a domain name is simple. You can grab the domain yourself if you are comfortable doing so or use your web developer to do it on your behalf.
If your web designer is buying a domain in place of you, then you should ensure to take the following steps:
1. That you enrolled as the registrant
2. Your mailing information, email address, and more intrinsic personal info should be under your name.
3. Ensure the web design company helping you is your professional contact. In case there are technical issues to be resolved.
Changing the domain is possible, and if your choice of the domain name is unavailable. You may be up against the following pros and cons:
1. Renaming a site with a wrong URL
2. The existing domain traffic may be jeopardized and perhaps downsize the worth of the web traffic
3. Losing brand recognition
4. Inbound links would be lost Downgraded ranking
It is simply not safe and suitable to have a weird character in your domain name.
Let’s say you want to purchase “summerstore.com” but surprisingly taken, and you wanted to regenerate or re-invent another by adding a character like “hyphen, or underscore” so it becomes summer-store.com
The character (–) that appears, though, is allowed in domain names, but visitors may found it difficult to recall. You should avoid it if you can.
Few platforms provide free hosting services. But the truth is, you should avoid web hosting that is free at all costs if you are building a brand for your business.
Free hosting always comes with some weird and unexpected conditions, such as pop-up advertisements, which can drive off potential visitors to your site.
The cost of web-hosting varies depending on the types of servers you want for your project. Web hosting providers offer a wide range of server types and operating systems with different prices.
1. Share hosting cost ($8 – $12 per month USD).
2. Virtual Private Server VPS hosting ranges from $10 – $40 per month.
3. Dedicated hosting prices also vary depending on the level of hardware, speed, and RAM ($60 – $160 per month).
1. Shared hosting is a server that hosts a website on a single server shared with hundreds or even thousands of other websites. It is the most popular hosting option on the web due to its affordability and maintainability. It is cost-effective and less complicated to set up.
2. Dedicated hosting hosts a single website on a server with a unique IP and might require a little bit of programming effort to set up.
The effective way of selecting a reliable and trustworthy web-hosting service provider is to read the reviews of the company on a trusted review website or do some due diligence searching on what designers or website owners are saying about the service provider.
A website hosting provider manages the space your website occupies on the Internet for storing and accessing files the site contains.
The Internet Service Provider (ISP) is the company that enables you to get on the Internet or a provider responsible for Internet service either via cable, satellite, DSL e.t.c
A reliable website hosting provider must have at least or possess the following good standing characters:
1. Accessibility: a good looking website is useless if visitors find it difficult to reach it when it matters. So the reliability of your website hosting provider is vital.
2. Uptime running: check to see the fine print of the service provider uptime running is guaranteed and do some research on the amount of downtime or slowdowns on the server.
3. Storage and bandwidth coverage: know what you are paying for worth it. You need to know how much storage space and bandwidth you need to host for a personal, corporate, or eCommerce website.