Why is a domain name so important?
- The first baby step to success online starts with your domain. Where you buy it or who hosts it also matters.
- So the likelihood of being ranked well in SERP is a function of domain relevance and the website theme in general.
What should I consider before choosing a domain?
- The theme or core objective of your business is paramount when choosing a domain name.
- Avoid a few characters like HYPHENS( – ) within your domain name.
- Be strategic, ensure you include at least one target keyword in the domain name.
What if my preferred domain name was chosen?
- If your domain name of choice is taken, you do not have to be alarmed. You can select a different top-level domain extension and still retain the same name brand.
- For example, if you need – mylab.com and already been taken by someone else, you could use the same name but with different extensions such as mylab.org, mylab.net e.t.c.
Who should register your domain name?
Registering a domain name is simple. You can grab the domain yourself if you are comfortable doing so or use your web developer to do it on your behalf. If your web designer is buying a domain in place of you, then you should ensure to take the following steps:
- That you are enrolled as the registrant
- Your mailing information, email address, and more intrinsic personal info should be under your name.
- Ensure the web design company helping you is your professional contact. In case there are technical issues to be resolved.
What makes a good domain name?
An effective domain name should be:
- Unique and concise
- Easy to remember or memorable
- Catchy and easy to say in person
- Easy to spell
- Readable and typo-friendly
Thinking of changing my domain
Changing the domain is possible, and if your choice of the domain name is unavailable. You may be up against the following pros and cons:
- Renaming a site with a wrong URL
- The existing domain traffic may be jeopardized and perhaps downsize the worth of the web traffic
- Losing brand recognition
- Inbound links would be lost
- Downgraded ranking
My domain name is expired, what should I do?
It is not wise to wait until the last minute to renew your domain if you have the intention to do so. In the event of losing the domain, reinstating it might be difficult, but wait, the option you have is to take on a new TLD extension.
Is it safe to add a special character to my domain name?
It is simply not safe and suitable to have a weird character in your domain name.
Let’s say you want to purchase “summerstore.com” but surprisingly taken, and you wanted to regenerate or re-invent another by adding a character like “hyphen, or underscore” so it becomes summer-store.com The character (–) that appears, though, is allowed in domain names, but visitors may found it difficult to recall. You should avoid it if you can.
What is web hosting?
Web hosting is a service that provides a space for your web document on the Internet. It allows your website documents to be accessed by other Internet users remotely. You can host a domain on shared, dedicated, or virtual hosting. If you are a small business owner, the best shot would be shared hosting.
Which is the best hosting service for small businesses?
The most popular hosting service is shared hosting. It is cheap and cost-effective. However, the need for this may change if you are running a big data corporation like Facebook or Twitter.
Some web hosting is free is this a good idea?
Few platforms provide free hosting services. But the truth is, you should avoid web hosting that is free at all costs if you are building a brand for your business. Free hosting always comes with some weird and unexpected conditions, such as pop-up advertisements, which can drive off potential visitors to your site.
How much does it cost to host a website?
The cost of web-hosting varies depending on the types of servers you want for your project. Web hosting providers offer a wide range of server types and operating systems at different prices.
- Share hosting cost ($8 – $12 per month USD).
- Virtual Private Server VPS hosting ranges from $10 – $40 per month.
- Dedicated hosting prices also vary depending on the level of hardware, speed, and RAM ($60 – $160 per month).
What is the difference between shared and dedicated hosting?
Shared hosting is the one that hosts a website on a single server shares among hundreds or even thousands of other websites. It is the most popular hosting option on the web due to its affordability and maintainability. It is cost-effective and less complicated to set up.
Dedicated hosting hosts a single website on a server with a unique IP and might require a little bit of programming effort to set up.
What is the effective way of choosing the right hosting?
The effective way of selecting a reliable and trustworthy web hosting service provider is to read the reviews of the company on a trusted review website or do some due diligence searching on what designers or website owners are saying about the service provider.
What is the difference between a web hosting provider and an ISP?
A website hosting provider manages the space your website occupies on the Internet for storing and accessing files the site contains.
The Internet Service Provider (ISP) is the company that enables you to get on the Internet or a provider responsible for Internet service either via cable, satellite, DSL e.t.c
How reliable is the web hosting provider?
A reliable website hosting provider must have at least or possess the following good standings:
- Accessibility: a good-looking website is useless if visitors find it difficult to reach it when it matters. So the reliability of your website hosting provider is vital.
- Up-time running: check to see the fine print of the service provider uptime running is guaranteed and do some research on the amount of downtime or slowdowns on the server.
- Storage and bandwidth coverage: know what you are paying for is worth it. You need to know how much storage space and bandwidth you need to host for a personal, corporate, or eCommerce website.
Got a project?
We’re a team of creatives who are excited about unique ideas and help fin-tech companies to create amazing identity by crafting top-notch UI/UX.